Pages

Background

Thursday, November 3, 2011

My self help homework assignment- almost due

So I gave myself a crazy assignment 3 months ago- to take time off from dating and focus on myself. Well in typical slacker style, I have been doing everything but focusing inward. I have been too busy focusing on outward things. Now its November 3rd and I have 8 days to bring it all together. Just like my students at school, I procrastinate until the deadline is on the horizon. 

I feel like my body is telling me to hibernate these next few days and devote some quality time to some introspection. I still have the ginormous task of defining "what I want" and "who I am". I feel very close to having the final pieces to the puzzle, but really need to close off the doors to the outside world. 

I need to "be still, trust my heart, stop the frantic search the urgent chase... just be still and all will be revealed". So for the next days to come until 11-11-11 that is exactly what I am going to do. I am going to be still and listen to my heart. I'm going to trust in HIM and rely less on myself.

No comments: