Pages

Background

Monday, July 18, 2011

Yes, I am a carb addict

So the highlight of my vacation a few weeks ago might have been the sourdough bread bowl, or maybe the wine... regardless I admit that I am a carbohydrate addict. Maybe its my European genes that gave me a predisposition to a hearty love for bread, cheese, and wine.

Now that I have moved and vacayed, I decided today was the day to take the plunge and step on the scale. Apparently my celebratory fried pickles from my move impacted a +6 lbs from the beginning of June. So I formulated a new plan that will include my love for cabs, today I did Day One of The Carb Lovers Diet... Even the name sounds perfect for me!



In the book aka my new carb bible, it says to tell everyone that you are on a diet. So that is why I have devoted this particular blog to letting it be known "I AM ON A DIET READERS". Now I hope by professing that to my public, that six pounds will instantly melt off over night! 

No this diet isn't about eating every bread in sight. It's more about eating a variety of foods that contain "resistant starch". Bananas actually hold the highest number of resistant starch with 12.5 grams. 

Day one has gone pretty good. I made my banana shake (thought it was more like bananas in milk since I didn't own a blender....don't worry I made a Target run today) and thought it was rather tasty. For lunch I actually grilled chicken and made a scrumptious pita with spinach, green peppers, and light Italian dressing. My snack of the day was 2 tbs of black beans, with 1 oz of tortilla chips (yum). Then I was on a time crunch for dinner due to my Monday Bible study group, so I heated up a Amy's black bean enchilada.

My goal of doing this diet is simply to shed a few pounds before my 29th birthday, get my eating under control, and to have enough energy to get my booty to the gym (of which I joined today). 

I will keep you posted. For my friends and family- hold me to it, and ask me how it's going.

1 comment:

A Preppy Girl said...

The highlight was the breadbowl.