Pages

Background

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Dating a pair and a spare

Remember to always date a pair & a spare...then you will never ever be lonely.- Millionaire Matchmaker

I'm wondering if this is good advice, regardless I'm taking it. I'm currently talking to two guys (Mr. Social and Dr. McHarmony) and I recently started chatting with a new guy from eh (no name for him yet). I'm not sure how this whole dating three guys thing works, in the past I could barely handle two guys (D and M). 

However so far this is what dating three guys looks like- me waiting for Mr. Social to set up a date, Dr. McHarmony calling and texting all the time and setting up a date for next week already, and then new eh guy blowing up my email, constantly sending me his number for me to text him. UGH! Why is it the one you want to go out with doesn't have a clue what is going on. I know I need to keep my options open and not put all my eggs in one basket. So I'm doing just that, I'm setting up a date with the Dr. and chatting up with the new guy. 

The problem is this thing called a conscious that I often listen to. I kinda feel like I'm leading the doctor on. He is a great guy, but I don't get all pumped up when he calls. In fact tonight when he called, I let it go to voice mail and then finally called him back. I kinda gave him a white lie that my friend was over so I didn't have to talk long! I know, I'm horrible! Am I just using him for the attention and a fabulous meal? Or do I think that maybe on date 2 I will grow to like him more? 

Mr. Social and I have yet to go on a second date due to the fact that we have both been out of town traveling the past few weeks. First I was in SF then he was in Mexico. Now we are both back in Dallas, 4 blocks away from each other, but haven't had any face time. He calls, he texts, but he can't set up a time for us to see each other in person. Kinda annoying when you are a planner, and don't fly by the seat of your pants when setting up a date. The dude even bought me a bracelet on his trip...guess this is another time when I need to practice my patience. 

Now introduce new guy...maybe that will be his name. We were matched off EH and to be honest I thought his pictures were way out of my league. He is a very attractive guy, so I was kinda shocked when he responded to my communication so quickly, and then continued to pursue me. I guess I should just give this guy a chance, for all we know he can trump McHarmony and Mr. Social. 

I wonder how the Millionaire Matchmaker feels about dating two pairs.... hmmmm

1 comment:

A Preppy Girl said...

Way to prove that dating 3 guys isn't impossible, like i thought when you first quoted MM. I dumped my spare and am going back to zero.