So there I am 30 min in on the elliptical, looking stalking the group fitness room trying to get a glimpse of how hard core their classes are. At 6:00 am this morning I had all the intentions of being brave and jumping into the evening boot camp class. However, the evil voice in my head talked me out of it and provided me with enough negative self talk that I felt intimidated.
Then out of no where my "gym fairy" came pushed me to the next level.
Gym Fairy: one who magically appears at the gym, looking magical and pixie-like, inspiring, and encouraging. One who helps you fulfill your workout wishes.
I had previously met my new fit and toned "gym fairy" by the pool. She was hanging out with her dog post workout as I was sitting outside by the pool with a glass of wine in my hand. We started talking I mentioned that I was going to join the gym. I mean at the time I had to make this statement to the fit fairy, after all she was toting a sports bottle and I was holding entire bottle. I guess skinny and buff girls remember that sort of thing, and want to include you in their daily gym torment when they spot you on their turf. Before I knew it my gym fairy was introducing me to the buff trainer/leader of the boot camp class, and there I was getting my weights and mat. I survived the 60 minutes of weights, balls, and running laps in the heat outside and around the building, never once wanting to quit or talking negatively to myself. Bonus: I didn't want to puke either!
As I was walking out of boot camp, saying bye to motivating my gym fairy and super proud trainer, something clicked for me.... I am stronger then I think I am.
It's not easy being 31 and single. Some days it's really hard to keep that smile on your face and push yourself. I am accountable to no one but myself and God. Maybe it's a post workout high but I'm feeling pretty damn accomplished right now. So I'm going to take this new found esteem and brag on myself for a second.
10 Reasons I'm an amazingly strong girl
1) I have a full time job, a part time job, and am a growing entrepreneur
2) I've been crushed, but survived.
3) I'm able to see the humor in daily challenges
4) Debt free even with a shopping habit
5) I can relate to anyone from a 3 year old to a CEO. Empathy is key.
6) I have to make all the decisions in my life independent of others- the easy ones like what should I cook for dinner and the hard ones like am I investing enough in my 401K or where should I live?
7) I can be alone.
8) I daily deal with people saying "you're so great, I really don't know why you're single"
9) I am blessed with a relationship with The Lord and humbled by it at the same time.
10) I know how to handle problems on my own, but also know when I need help from others.
To quote Britney Spears "I'm stronger then yesterday". Stay strong my friends.



No comments:
Post a Comment