If you are from Texas then you know about a cluster, a six flags, a carnival of a truck stop called BUC-EE'S! When driving from Dallas to Houston or vice verse, Buc-ees provides you with a billboard countdown, letting you know at each mile marker how much closer you are getting to some Buc-ee nuggets, free fudge samples, beef jekey, or other beaver related products. Google it people.
So needless to say, I was a little hesitant of dating a guy who's name was in fact- Bucky. Yes, I asked....this was in fact his real birth name. By now dear reader, you know how the story goes: I meet up with Bucky, charm him, go on several dates, and realize how NOT into him I am. This was in fact the case YET again; however this time there was a little twist. While dating this guy, I actually let him kiss me (I think twice). It took every ounce of my being to let him walk me to my apartment complex and lean in for a first kiss. Its weird, and yes, I am a freak. Kissing should not be work people! I'm sure my mom doesn't want to read this right now, but I used to be a bit of a kissing slut. I love kissing... or at least I used to! If I've learned anything lately, its that I save my kisses for people I actually a) find attractive b) have a crush on c) don't remind me of a beaver.
I might have used Bucky like a traveler overuses the public restrooms at the truck stop, but I blame timing. We started dating during the month of my 30th birthday. I was in a very vulnerable place in my life, and yes the idea of having a love potential did ease the blow of growing yet another year older. It felt good having someone text me during my birthday week and make plans for the weekend.
The Bucky chapter of my life ends this way: When he went in to kiss me again on our last and final date, my body must have arched 150 miles from Bucky. It was like my physical being was rejecting this person. I tried to act like I wasn't trying to push him off of me, but I'm pretty sure he realized what was going on. Yikes, poor guy!
Lessons learned:
1) Don't date a guy who reminds you of a Beaver at a truck stop.
2) I need to really like you to want to kiss you.
(DISCLAIMER:THIS BEAVER IS NOT A ACTUAL PICTURE OF THE REAL BEAVER, I MEAN BUCKY...I TOLD YOU...GOOGLE PEOPLE, GOOGLE)



No comments:
Post a Comment